Recreational Therapist (Certified) - Adult - SIGN ON BONUS - #2922
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Complete benefits package offered
Meridian is seeking a full time day Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist to function as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide assessment of recreation and leisure skills to adult and senior patients in our Indiana University / Ball Hosptial inpatient psychiatric unit. Merit based pay compensation plan.
**SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $2000**
- Delivers individual or group recreation therapy and leisure skills training according to the individual treatment plan.
- Requires a basic understanding of mental illness, developmental stages, physical and emotional needs, life cycle changes, comfort and care appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Identifies concrete behavioral goals for individualized patient care and methods to achieve those goals.
- Establishes and maintains a safe environment for patient care both in the hospital and on outings out of the hospital.
- Identifies supplies and materials needed for therapeutic activities.
- Develops post-discharge plan for recreation and leisure activities for each patient based on the individual assessment and treatment plan.
- Recognizes when the patient has achieved goals or has achieved maximum benefit from T.R. services, and when necessary modifies treatment plan accordingly.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Therapeutic Recreation and a certification or eligibility to apply for a National Council of therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) required
- One year experience working in psychiatric and/or addiction treatment setting and/or with elderly patients preferred
- Good interpersonal relationship skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with adults and geriatric patients
- A valid drivers license, reliable transportation, proof of auto insurance, and a driving record meeting Meridian's driving policy also required
- A commitment to providing individual attention to help clients achieve mental, emotional and physical well-being
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401K with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.