Recreation Therapeutic Specialist (certified) / Adult - #2922
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Complete benefits package offered
Meridian is currently seeking a full time day Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist to function as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide assessment of recreation and leisure skills, treatment plan, and treatment to adult and senior patients in our IU BMH inpatient psychiatric unit. Merit based pay compensation plan.
- Delivers individual or group recreation therapy and leisure skills training according to the individual treatment plan.
- Requires a basic understanding of mental illness, developmental stages, physical and emotional needs, life cycle changes, comfort and care appropriate to the age of the patient served.
- Identifies concrete behavioral goals for individualized patient care and methods to achieve those goals.
- Establishes and maintains a safe environment for patient care both in the hospital and on outings out of the hospital.
- Identifies supplies and materials needed for therapeutic activities.
- Develops post-discharge plan for recreation and leisure activities for each patient based on the individual assessment and treatment plan.
- Recognizes when the patient has achieved goals or has achieved maximum benefit from T.R. services, and when necessary modifies treatment plan accordingly.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Therapeutic Recreation and a certification or eligibility to apply for a National Council of therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) required
- One year experience working in psychiatric and/or addiction treatment setting and/or with elderly patients preferred
- Good interpersonal relationship skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with adults and geriatric patients
- A valid drivers license, reliable transportation, proof of auto insurance, and a driving record meeting Meridian's driving policy also required
- A commitment to providing individual attention to help clients achieve mental, emotional and physical well-being
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401K with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.