Director of Nursing / Adult Inpatient Psychiatry #4059
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Complete benefits package offered
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Director of Nursing for our Adult Psychiatric Inpatient unit located at IU Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, Indiana. The Director of Nursing is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Adult Inpatient program at IU Ball Memorial Hospital. This is a salary position. Rate of pay is based on education and experience.
- Provides management and leadership for 24 hour a day, seven day a week inpatient operation, consistent with the goals and policies of the organization and meeting regulatory requirements including quality and safety standards
- Recruits and hires quality candidates for employment on the inpatient unit
- Oversees throughput and continuum of care involving the Emergency Department, evaluations, inpatient, Sub-Acute, and follow up after discharge
- Assists in credentialing process
- Ensures effective staffing of unit
- Makes recommendations regarding equipment, supplies, physical plant, and programming
- Monitors and oversees processes and procedures for financial efficiency and quality improvement
- Ensures patient assessment and nursing input into the treatment planning process, including nursing goals and interventions, consistent with patient age specific needs
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for patients and families, that is conducive to the recovery process
- Maintains awareness of patient and staff safety at all times and reports patient safety concerns
- Makes regular patient care rounds and anticipates customer's needs and problems
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Must be an RN licensable in Indiana
- Must have a master's degree in nursing, psychiatric or mental health nursing or its equivalent from an accredited school of nursing or be equally qualified by education and experience
- Must have the ability to exercise both clinical and managerial judgment and decision making as needed
- Experience in nursing management and inpatient behavioral health preferred
A drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.