Inpatient Administrative Director - West Lafayette #4273
- West Lafayette, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Complete benefits package offered.
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking an Inpatient Administrative Director responsible for the day to day management of the assigned Inpatient program located in West Lafayette, Tippecanoe County, Indiana. Under the direction of the Vice President Clinical Services and in collaboration with Medical Director, ensures the appropriate admission, assessment, treatment and discharge of inpatients in conjunction with referral sources, community agencies, family and collateral contacts, etc. Manages key relationships internal and external to the organization, and shares responsibility for effective budgetary management of units. Responsible for effective use of resources assigned to areas of responsibility.
- Provides management and leadership for 24 hour a day, seven day a week inpatient operation, consistent with the goals and policies of the organization and meeting regulatory requirements including quality and safety standards
- Recruits and hires quality candidates for employment on the inpatient unit
- Provides supervision of department directors
- Ensures safe and efficient staffing to meet patient needs within budget parameters
- Ensures thorough orientation of staff to procedures and best practices, organization policies, and customer service principles,
- Ensures identification of staff education needs,
- Annually develops staff education program to meet those needs
- Ensures documented staff competencies
- Ensures required clinical programming and best practices
- Ensures effective communication among staff and between disciplines
- Utilizes interpersonal skills, role modeling, customer feedback and disciplinary process appropriately to ensure staff performance
- Ensure timely completion of assessments, documentation and treatment plans
- In collaboration with Quality Management Department monitors and ensures quality of clinical programming and efficient operation
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for patients and families, that is conducive to the recovery process and reports patient safety concerns
- Makes regular patient care rounds and anticipates customer's needs and problems
- Reviews developments in best practices and standards of care and implements policies and procedures to maintain quality of care, and ensures compliance with federal, and state regulations and certification standards
- Assists in credentialing process
- Effectively collaborates with executive, medical and management staff
- Ensures supervision of any students present on the unit
- Maintains policies and procedures consistent with best practices and regulatory and ethical standards
- Creates and maintains a positive culture of respect and dignity
- Provide on call coverage
- Ensures effective staffing of unit
- Recommends safe and effective staffing levels
- Utilizes staff resources to meet budget goals and maintain effective and safe care of patients
- Makes recommendations regarding equipment, supplies, physical plant, and programming.
- Monitors and oversees processes and procedures for financial efficiency and quality improvement.
- Ensures patient input into the assessment and treatment planning process, including goals and interventions, consistent with patient age specific needs
- Assesses the effectiveness of care; assigns duties and delegates responsibilities to unit personnel according to their job descriptions
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Must be at least Master's level clinician, MSW, MS or MA, MSN, or HSPP.
- Demonstrated clinical competency in treatment of mentally ill including participating in a multidisciplinary team in formulation of individual treatment plans, giving care and therapy and directing, monitoring, and evaluating the care furnished.
- Five (5) years' inpatient experience required
- Management experience, hospital experience, or inpatient psychiatry experience preferred
- Must possess knowledge of State regulations relevant to operation of a psychiatric hospital or unit, CMS regulations regarding treatment of psychiatric patients, Joint Commission regulations for hospitals and budgeting process
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, three professional references, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.