Security Officer - Full or Part Time - River Bend Hospital - West Lafayette #0129
- West Lafayette, IN, USA
- Fee for Service
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Not a benefits eligible position.
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a part time or full time Security Officer for our River Bend Hospital located in Tippecanoe County, West Lafayette, Indiana. This position is responsible for providing a safe, secure environment at River Bend Hospital and to ensure that all persons are treated respectfully and fairly. This position will work between 24-29 hours per week – evening/night shifts, hours are Monday through Friday 8p – 6a, Saturday and Sunday 6p – 6a.
- Monitor activity and flow of all consumers at the facility.
- Assist and maintain an orderly environment ensuring that all rules of River Bend Hospital are followed.
- Assist staff, as directed, in times of crisis.
- Provide routine security rounds of facility.
- Provide a safe/secure environment for staff and consumers.
- Crisis intervention as needed.
- Assist and/or provide back up for staff during emergencies.
- Assist in containing situations as directed by staff.
- Provide routine security checks.
- Assist local police, etc. at facility as needed.
- Carry personal cell phone for off-duty access as needed.
- Dress will consist of River Bend Hospital security shirt (provided) and black pants.
- No weapons will be allowed in the facility or on the grounds.
- Perform (or assist with) general clerical duties, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, etc.
- Perform basic facilities maintenance and grounds keeping.
- Assist with camera monitoring.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- High School Education or its equivalent required
- Minimum of one year direct experience in the area of security/public policing required
- CPI training required
- A valid driver's license with a driving record meeting Meridian's driving policy, reliable transportation, and proof of auto insurance required
- Previous experience within a psychiatric hospital setting preferred
Drug test, background check, Immunizations, fingerprinting also required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.