Psychiatrist - Inpatient - River Bend Hospital - West Lafayette #0136
- West Lafayette, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Complete benefits package offered
Meridian Health Services at River Bend is currently seeking a full time Psychiatrist for our Inpatient Program located in West Lafayette, Indiana. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in the lives of others.
- Performs inpatient evaluations (complete history and physical examinations) in accordance with approved Department standards.
- Performs outpatient evaluations in accordance with approved department standards.
- Performs court evaluations and testifies in court, as required.
- Provides psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy to patients in all categories of general psychiatry, as well as child and adolescent addiction and geriatrics, as needed.
- Provides emergency services and night/weekend on call duties.
- Participate in treatment planning.
- Teaches medical students, provides in-service training for staff, and presents public information to community organizations as assigned.
- Works on commits, and attends staff/department meetings as requested.
- Participates in Hospital's quality improvement program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Doctor of Medicine or its foreign equivalent required. Board Certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry. Must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S.
- A current and valid Physician License from the State of Indiana required.
- Completion of a four (4) year approved residency in Psychiatry, required.
- Meets pre-hire competency and reference requirements.
- Holds a valid Indiana Driver's License, has a reliable vehicle, a good driving record, and insurance.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.