Payroll Administrator - Muncie #4354
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Administrative Services
- Complete benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Payroll Administrator to work out ofour Delaware County, Muncie, Indiana office. This position will work Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
The Payroll Administrator will perform all duties related to processing payroll, including, but not limited to maintaining records, processing deduction both voluntary and involuntary (i.e. garnishments and levies), maintaining time keeping system, accounting transactions related payroll, documenting and updating procedures and preparing various reports from payroll and time keeping systems.
- Ensures timely processing of all staff payroll in accordance with labor regulations and standard accounting principles.
- Develops systems and procedures to direct collection, calculation and entering of pay data.
- Works with Information Technology, Human Resources and other potential third party vendors to ensure security protocol are in place for all pay systems.
- Maintains updated procedure manual for payroll processing and assists in training of other staff on the payroll system (ADP) in a "super-user" role, to troubleshoot general user questions or basic technical issues.
- Keeps abreast of current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and other required reporting (SUI, workers compensation, deferred benefits, etc).
- Advises management on pay practices related to FLSA, fringe benefit reporting, W-9 and W-4 recording.
- Processes fiscal year-end reports and reconciles W-2 information for accuracy. Reports errors in payroll accounting to the proper management representative. Documents any discrepancies in payroll processing to maintain a clear record of reconciliation and adjustments.
- Works with the Benefit Coordinator to coordinate employee leaves of absence under FMLA or other unpaid leaves.
- Processes wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary State office or jurisdiction and assisting employees with general process questions.
- Works with current pay vendor (ADP) for technical issues with time-reporting and payroll processing systems and resolves any discrepancies resulting from time reporting and payroll processing systems.
- Assists staff with questions related to payroll, leave accruals, wage deductions, fringe benefits, and other pay related issues.
- Attends workshops, online trainings and seminars to gain greater systems and payroll knowledge (ADP). Provides updated protocols and procedures to system users based on trainings.
- Designs and conducts regular payroll reporting as required and assists with financial audits related to pay records and associated general ledger.
- Supports the annual budgeting process by working closely with Finance Director, HR Director, and other Management in analysis of payroll costs by department / cost center.
- Allocates payroll based on operating RU and enters in payroll system.
- Submits bi-weekly 401k contributions as well as HSA account contributions to appropriate vendors.
- Reconciles all deductions and contributions administered through pay system.
- Demonstrates high level technical ability in payroll processing systems to accomplish tasks such as building new company from start to finish; establishing newly integrated pay structures within the pay and time keeping systems; administering interfaces between payroll systems and benefit systems.
- Independently builds pay structures including different pay rates, shift differentials and PTO accruals within the pay system.
- Integral member of the Accounting team working toward team objectives. Demonstrates excellent customer service toward employees.
- Performs filing and upkeep of employee payroll records.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of payroll processing experience for a multi-state employer with 900+ employees.
- Knowledge of state and federal wage and tax laws and overtime requirements.
- Must have experience using multiple pay rates and shift differentials.
- Extensive experience with payroll processing and report writing systems such as ADP.
- Ability to effectively communicate information to employees and management.
- Experience with interface transmission/feeds of 401k contributions and other benefits.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Must be a self-starter and able to accomplish expected tasks under minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure.
- Possess sense of urgency to stay on task and get work done.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; minimum of Associate degree required in related field.
- Valid IN Driver's license for ability to travel to conduct training for Management and/or staff.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.