Registered Nurse - Inpatient - 7p to 7a - Muncie #4364
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Complete benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Registered Nurse for our psychiatric inpatient unit located at IU Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, IN. This position will work shifts from 7p to 7a and may include weekdays, weekends, and rotating holidays.
- Maintains Patient Care and the Nursing Process by assessing patients and utilizing age specific and cultural knowledge to understand and effectively complete the assessment
- Recognizes and addresses alterations in patient physiological and psychological status
- Recognizes and reports abnormal findings of diagnostic tests and notifies appropriate persons
- Collects, assesses and interprets patient/family data systematically, which includes collecting pertinent information from patient/family
- Communicate (verbal and written) with clients, center staff, welfare agencies, health care team and other social service agencies
- Documents observations and initiates a patient/family-driven multidisciplinary plan of care
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Nursing Degree from an accredited University or College required.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Indiana; or current licensure as a registered nurse in another state with evidence of application for Indiana licensure is required.
- Minimum of six (6) months' in a Behavioral Health environment required.
- One (1) or more years experience working in a Behavioral Health environment or working in a nursing home preferred.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits for full time employees:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional Development Funds
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.