Cook/Food Service Worker- Part Time - West Lafayette #0141
- West Lafayette, IN, USA
- Part Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Not a benefits eligible position.
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services at River Bend is currently seeking a part time Cook/Food Service Worker for our Inpatient Program located in Lafayette, Indiana. This position will work evenings to 6:30pm (very flexible schedule) and will be required to work every other weekend. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in the lives of others.
- Prepares quantity foods and meals that are attractive and tasteful, according to established standards. Utilizes standardized recipes and adjusts as needed.
- Demonstrates understanding of frequently ordered therapeutic diets such as Carb Control, Full & Clear Liquid etc.
- Assures that patient meal trays are set up accurately and on schedule.
- Anticipates & plans for needs in advance in order to meet deadlines.
- Maintains clean and sanitary work area including cutting boards, knives, small equipment and counters.
- Maintains sanitary and safe work habits including proper use of equipment, personal hygiene, and proper use of sanitizer. Practices frequent hand washing, adheres to time & temp standards etc.
- Participates regularly in cleaning needs of department
- Demonstrates appropriate communication and interactions with all customers, staff, peers and supervisors.
- Participates in department activities, problem solving and QI activities.
- Sometimes operates cash register. Includes closing out cash drawer, counting money and recording information on cash sheet.
- Assists with putting away deliveries according to established standards, including labeling and rotating, regardless of position assigned.
- Consistently completes all work as outlined on position sheet.
- Reports to supervisor any needed supplies, problems, faulty equipment etc.in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate written records. (temps, production sheets, prep area)
- Leads and/ or directs departmental functions in absence of supervisor.
- Performs other related duties appropriate to job function as needed.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Previous healthcare food service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of standardized recipes, measurements and ability to adjust receipes.
- Meets physical requirements of position as listed on the physical demands form.
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.