Human Resources Generalist - Delaware County #4390
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Human Resources
- Complete benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Human Resources Generalist to perform HR related duties on a professional level and work closely with the HR leadership team to support a designated region within the organization. This position is based out of our of Muncie, Indiana location and will travel up to 50% of the time.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains personnel policies in organization's designated system.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Administers and monitors the performance management program; develops training for program and follow-up reporting, as necessary.
- Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Assist in recruitment activities for assigned region
- Engages with region leadership and employees in consultative approach to achieve organization goals
- Participates in designated committees, projects, and initiatives on behalf of the department or region
- Participates in HR related events including, but not limited to, annual recognition dinner and quarterly manager meetings
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Maintain working knowledge of federal and state employment law and regulations.
- Participates in administrative and management staff meetings and attends other meetings as required/necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Assists management in terminations, promotions, and performance reviews
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Conducts employee relations meetings including coaching, consulting, progressive discipline, and termination; completes appropriate documentation and follow-up communication
- Assists with yearly/monthly open enrollment or roll out of new benefit programs.
- Assist with job fairs, health fairs and information fairs.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) and four years Human Resources Generalist experience required.
- SHRM - CP/PHR certification preferred.
- Two (2) years' Healthcare experience preferred.
- A valid drivers' license, reliable transportation, driving record meeting Meridian's driving policy, and proof of auto insurance required.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Merit based pay compensation plan
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.