Human Resources Generalist - Marion OR Tippecanoe County #4391
- West Lafayette OR Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Human Resources
- Complete benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Human Resources Generalist to perform HR related duties on a professional level and work closely with the HR leadership team to support a designated region within the organization. This position will have the option to be based out of our of West Lafayette (Tippecanoe County) or Indianapolis (Marion County) location and will travel up to 50% of the time. This position will work Monday through Friday from 8a to 5p - must be able to flex to needs and some nights and weekends will be required.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains personnel policies in organization's designated system.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Administers and monitors the performance management program; develops training for program and follow-up reporting, as necessary.
- Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Assist in recruitment activities for assigned region
- Engages with region leadership and employees in consultative approach to achieve organization goals
- Participates in designated committees, projects, and initiatives on behalf of the department or region
- Participates in HR related events including, but not limited to, annual recognition dinner and quarterly manager meetings
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Maintain working knowledge of federal and state employment law and regulations.
- Participates in administrative and management staff meetings and attends other meetings as required/necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Assists management in terminations, promotions, and performance reviews
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Conducts employee relations meetings including coaching, consulting, progressive discipline, and termination; completes appropriate documentation and follow-up communication
- Assists with yearly/monthly open enrollment or roll out of new benefit programs.
- Assist with job fairs, health fairs and information fairs.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) and four years Human Resources Generalist experience required.
- SHRM - CP/PHR certification preferred.
- Two (2) years' Healthcare experience preferred.
- A valid drivers' license, reliable transportation, driving record meeting Meridian's driving policy, and proof of auto insurance required.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Merit based pay compensation plan
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.