Nurse (RN or LPN) 7a - 3pm Mon-Fri - Full Time - Muncie - #4393
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Residential Services
- Complete benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Nurse (or LPN) for our Adult Residential Sub-Acute facility located in Delaware County, Muncie, Indiana. The nurse will provide an array of nursing care services and related functions and to provide medical resources to assist in care management. This position will work Monday through Friday from 7am to 3pm. Merit based pay compensation.
- Responds to requests from patients concerning the effectiveness of medications, side-effects, special precautions or problems with medication and consults with medical staff as appropriate to provide patients directions on changes/modifications to the prescribed medication regimens.
- Phone in prescription orders to pharmacies as directed by medical staff.
- Review lab and test results, reporting concerns and abnormal results to medical staff. Tracking WBC and ABS Neut. on Clozapine clients.
- Obtain medical histories and dy physical assessments as directed by medical staff. Including B/P, WS, Wt., and AIMS testing. Provide health screening as needed to direct patients to needed medical care. Provide medical triage for Subacure and group homes as needed.
- Administer injectable medications as ordered by medical staff.
- Provide as needed, educational groups, inservices and on-on-one teaching to patients and employees concerning psychotropic medications, diagnosis and health related issues.
- Participate in reviews and modifications of patients' services during treatment planning.
- Supervise medications using pre-packaged medication delivery system or weekly pill minders as determined by the psychiatrist. Assis with use of Patient Assistance Programs available through pharmaceutical companies. Utilize medication samples as prescribed and ordered by the psychiatrist. Oversee documentation in Medication Administration Record (MAR) and provide corrections as necessary.
- Assist with maintenance of employee health records, providing annual TB testing and Hepatitis B Vaccine.
- Maintain a treatment plan and routime supervision of meds only patients providing liaison between patient and psychiatrist.
- Function as a liaison with Emergency Room, Physician offices, pharmacies, and Meridian psychiatrist to clarify medication order, obtain proper prescriptions and obatin appointments as needed for Subacute staff.
- Complete required clinical documents for review/approval by a memner of the medical staff.
- Completes other documentation to ensure accurate and timely information for client and third-party billing.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Nursing required
- Prior experience with SMI adults preferred
- A valid drivers license, reliable transportation, a driving record meeting Meridian's driving policy, and proof of auto insurance also required
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Merit based pay compensation plan
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.