Clerical Supervisor - Inpatient - Muncie - #4401
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Complete benefits package offered.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a Clerical Supervisor to be responsible for all secretarial and clerical support to maintain the effective operation of the inpatient department. This position supervises unit secretaries and clerical functions for functioning of inpatient unit and provides clerical support to Administrative and Program Directors, and/or VP Clinical Services. Supervision experience required. Working knowledge of Excel required; advance working knowledge of Excel preferred.
- Answers and screens calls and relays messages in a professional manner.
- Responds to customer inquiries, records pertinent information, and refers to appropriate person for follow-up and assistance.
- Answers routine correspondence.
- Organizes and maintains files of correspondence and related materials.
- Opens, sorts and distributes mail appropriately.
- Schedules appointments, meetings/conferences and makes arrangements for food, equipment needed, meeting place and maintains monthly calendars.
- Attends and takes minutes for all department meetings.
- Handles interruptions and prioritizes workload as needed.
- Organizes staff work areas for convenience and efficiency.
- Prepares statistical reports from various sources of information.
- Duplicates, assembles and distributes these and other reports.
- Completes check requests and personnel action forms as directed.
- Mails or faxes reports.
- Takes inventory and maintains record forms and documentation supplies for department.
- Coordinates purchase requests for department.
- Maintains records of purchase orders and related materials.
- Enters all payroll entries in a timely manner.
- Enters payroll adjustments for pay periods as needed.
In-services and Documentation:
- Prepares form letters, education and in-service materials as needed.
- Prepares/updates all manuals applicable to the department.
- Types, distributes, copies and files correspondence, reports, memos and any necessary documentation for the department.
- Input department information into appropriate computer system.
- Assists in arrangements of continuing education services.
- Attends continuing education offerings, both in-house and outside to learn new skills and enhance job performance.
- Updates reference materials for the department.
- Provide clear, accurate instruction in procedures and customer service to staff performing clerical functions.
- Organize procedures for effective completion.
- Provide counseling and discipline to assigned staff as needed.
- Coordinates with other inpatient, hospital and Meridian supervisory and management staff in an effective manner.
- Models appropriate professional behavior for other staff.
- Participates on interdepartmental committees as assigned.
Participates in performance improvement activities as assigned.
Works on special projects and performs other tasks as assigned.
Other job functions:
- Uses office machines, such as, but not limited to, word processors, calculators, Dictaphones, copy machines and computers.
- Serves as a departmental resource for others.
- Coordinates and attends unit related meetings.
- Types and distributes departmental policy and procedures.
- Monitors office machines for good working order, calling for repair services if required.
- Maintains department/hospital manuals in organized and easily accessible manner.
- Updates and maintains skills necessary to perform job functions.
- Meets assignment deadlines.
- Works varying shifts, which may exceed eight (8) hours.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases that require the following of established protocols and precautionary measures. May work under fluorescent lighting with low level noise from equipment. May be disrupted frequently in the course of the day. May, on occasion, be exposed to disoriented or agitated patients who need to be calmed, secluded or restrained.
- Degree in Business Management or Accounting preferred
- Demonstrated management/supervisory skills required
- Mimimum of one (1) years' management/supervisory experience required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Business training preferred
- Experience working in a medical office environment preferred
Drug screen, background check and fingerprinting required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.
Meridian Health Services offers a competitive benefit package for both full and part time employees including: medical, dental, vision, 401K & professional development funds