Registered Nurse - Inpatient - 7a to 7p - Muncie #4402
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Complete benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Registered Nurse for our psychiatric inpatient unit located at IU Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, IN. This position will work shifts from 7a to 7p; may include weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Maintains Patient Care and the Nursing Process by assessing patients and utilizing age specific and cultural knowledge to understand and effectively complete the assessment
- Recognizes and addresses alterations in patient physiological and psychological status
- Recognizes and reports abnormal findings of diagnostic tests and notifies appropriate persons
- Collects, assesses and interprets patient/family data systematically, which includes collecting pertinent information from patient/family
- Communicate (verbal and written) with clients, center staff, welfare agencies, health care team and other social service agencies
- Documents observations and initiates a patient/family-driven multidisciplinary plan of care
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
- Current unrestricted licensure as a practical nurse in the state of Indiana or current licensure as a practical nurse in another state with evidence of application for Indiana licensure required
- Minimum of six (6) months' experience working in a Behavioral Health environment or working in a nursing home required
- Two (2) years' experience working in Behavioral Health preferred
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits for full time employees:
- Merit based pay compensation plan
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional Development Funds
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.