Network Technician - MIS - Muncie #4408
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Information Technology
- Complete benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Network Technician to work in our Main office located in Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana. This position will work Monday through Friday from 8a to 5p with some after-hours and weekends required. This position will aide in LAN/WAN projects involving the design, analysis, maintenance, and support of LAN/WAN equipment, cabling, infrastructure, servers, and phone systems.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, maintain and support LAN/WAN equipment, cabling, infrastructure and networks
- Assist in development of technical policies and procedures regarding LAN/WAN activities, along with helping maintain network documentation
- Coordinate assigned service request to meet requesting department dates within established department standards
- Travel up to 20% of the time between offices
- Test, evaluate and recommend selections of standard LAN/WAN components
- Perform routine health checks of LAN/WAN equipment, cabling infrastructure and servers
- Perform daily monitoring duties to ensure LAN/WAN security
- Perform daily monitoring duties to ensure end user policies are followed
- Assist in providing computer/network support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users
- Provide tier 2 support to the MIS helpdesk when necessary
- Install new software application or hardware on the LAN, coordinating assistance from third parties when necessary
- Assist in gathering bid prices on equipment and supplies
- Provide written documentation which defines upcoming needs of network which would require purchase of additional hardware and software
- Monitor and report licenses on application to ensure compliance monthly
- Utilize technology to produce staff with a fast, accurate, and secure method of gaining access to information
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned or requested
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Associate's degree required.
- Minimum of one (1) years' relevant experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Field and/or Network+ certification preferred
- A valid driver's license with a driving record meeting Meridian's driving policy, reliable transportation, and proof of auto insurance
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Merit based pay compensation plan
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.