Social Worker - **SIGN ON BONUS** Adult Psychiatric Inpatient #4432
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Complete benefits package offered.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Social Worker and/or Licensed Therapist for our Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Unit located at IU Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana. This position provides Psycho-Social Evaluation, treatment planning, individual, group and family therapy; and facilitates admissions and discharges from Meridian Inpatient program. PLEASE READ..... Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy REQUIRED Must be eligible for licensure, at a minimum LSW, LCSW, LMHCA, LMFTA.
- Facilitate admissions to the unit by obtaining pertinent psychiatric and medical information from the referral source; and making contact with the physician and unit and clarifying the availability of space and the time and legal status of the admission.
- Complete initial evaluation of patient through chart review, patient/family contact, team meetings.
- complete paperwork related to transfers to other psychiatric/drug and alcohol inpatient/outpatient facilities.
- Ensure discharge planning begins at time of admission.
- Complete treatment planning based on evaluation.
- Evaluate the needs of the client including housing, resources to obtain medication, appropriate referral for treatment and other programs to assist client in getting basic needs met.
- Participate in all treatment team meetings (rounds, treatment plan conferences) related to assessment, planning and evaluation of patient care.
- Provide group, individual and family therapy as needed and indicated in the treatment plan.
- Complete progress notes, discharge summaries in a timely manner.
- Complete documents for the court and provide testimony in commitment hearings.
- Contact referral sources with information of patients' progress or disposition.
- Prepare and review with patient and family the continuing care plan at discharge.
- Make referral to appropriate treatment programs and provide clinical information pertinent to the referral.
- Complete the appropriate forms and other paperwork necessary for the referral.
- Provide case management services.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy required.
- Must be eligible for licensure, at a minimum LSW, LMHCA, LMFTA.
- Minimum of six months experience working in field of Master's degree required.
- Inpatient experience preferred.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Merit based compensation plans
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Life balance oriented organization
- Merit based pay compensation plans
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.