Practice Manager - Child Services - Delaware County #4451
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Children's Services
- Full benefits package offered.
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Practice Manager for our Child Services program located in Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana. The Practice Manager is responsible for assisting the Regional Manager with the oversight of all programs and services at a specific site location. This position will have an excellent knowledge of Meridian's policies/procedures and electronic medical records (EMR) system(s). This position requires a vehicle and a valid driver's license and travel up to 50% of the time.
- Manages all site business operations and customer service contracts/agreements
- Provide supervision and complete evaluations on line staff
- Keep Medical Director informed of all concerns in the Medical Services Department that involve his immediate staff
- Serve on committees as department representative (i.e. health and safety committee, joint commission, etc.)
- Conduct interview, hire line staff, and provide employee orientation, training, supervision and evaluation
- Assist staff in resolving operational problems
- Participate in Monthly Medical Staff meetings
- Ensure proper medication management/administration procedures are developed and followed
- Administers Meridian policies/procedures and administrative structure
- Trains others on the use of Meridian's electronic record system and State referral and data base systems i.e., DCS, DDRS, DMHA, DOE, FQHC.
- Maintains a workable understanding of industry trends and technical developments that effect business operations
- In coordination with Regional ManagerPrepares and submits required reports on time to DCS, DDRS, DMHA, DOE, FQHC and contracted business partners
- Evaluates programs and service marketability in terms of business viability.
- Markets and promotes the site programs to increase services and growth
- Visits business partner's sites to evaluate effectiveness of services provided and maintain positive ongoing partner relationships
- Develops and maintains excellent customer relations with new business partner's contracts/agreements
- Maintains excellent professional appearance and verbal communications
- Maintains excellent public relations/marketing skills
- Communicates openly, honestly and constructively
- Treats all employees, clients and referral staff with dignity, respect and courtesy
- Resolves conflict through good communication, trust and respect
- Ensures that compliance with the nineteen program requirements for Federally Qualified Health Centers is maintained.
- Collaborates with Program Managers to manage job performance of subordinate employees
- Coordinates with Program Managers regarding corrective action to improve staff performance
- Coordinates with Program Managers for staff compliance with productivity standards, documentation expectations, CANS/ANSA completions, completing timely and accurate treatment plans and compliance with appropriate providers for insurance payer sources
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems
- Ensures compliance with health and safety policies
- Ensures the site is maintained regarding housekeeping, maintenance and repairs
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree (BA, BS) in Human Services required
- 2 years Administrative Management experience required
- Experience with DCS and State contracts preferred
- Experience with Marketing also preferred
- A valid drivers license, proof of auto insurance, driving record meeting Meridian's driving policy, and reliable transportation also required
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Merit based compensation plans
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.