Security Officer Drop-In Center - Part time - Muncie #4460
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Part Time
- Outpatient Services
- Not a benefits eligible position
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
*** Please Read... Minimum of Two Years Experience working in Security or Police Work REQUIRED*** Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a part time, day Security Officer for our Drop-in Center located in Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana. This position is responsible for keeping the Drop-in Center safe and secure for consumers and outreach staff. This position is PART-TIME position that will work from 8am to 11:30am - rotating days.
- Keenly observe each and every person entering the Drop-in Center in order to deter those individuals who may cause violence.
- Maintain a log with names of users of the Drop-in Center for data collection of services used.
- Report to case managers any and all suspicious activities happening on the premises and/or violence to the local police.
- Help the local police in case of emergencies and violence.
- Answer telephone calls and help solve inquiries.
- Help tidy up the Drop-in Center daily, i.e. desk and other areas.
- Interact with consumers but be aware that not all subject matter may be appropriate for all audience members.
- Stay vigilant by walking through the hallways, kitchen area, Drop-in Center and lunch room areas.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least two (2) years' experience in security services or police work preferred
Drug test, background check, fingerprinting also required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.