Quality Improvement Auditor - Coding and Documentation Integrity (CDI) #4459
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Health Information Management
- Complete benefits package offered.
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time day Coding and Documentation Integrity (CDI) Quality Improvement Auditor to be responsible for auditing of medical record documentation in accordance with Meridian auditing specifications in conjunction with regulatory billing standards/Meridian standards integral in the preservation and improvement of quality care located in Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana. This position will work from 8am to 5pm (negotiable).
- Auditing according to Meridian auditing specifications:
- All Staff/PBC behavioral health audits.
- Random auditing.
- Provider auditing.
- Behavioral health and primary care auditing.
- Requested focused audits.
- Identifies training opportunities and new developments to be incorporated into the training program.
- Develops training resources.
- Conducts HIM staff training as necessary and appropriate.
- Completes daily/weekly/monthly/yearly reports as applicable.
- Assists with compilation of performance metrics.
- Assists with the development and revisions of departmental policies and procedures.
- Identifies areas for process improvement.
- Identifies trends, issues and opportunities for the organization.
- Will function in team environment with cross training to other roles.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Required: High school graduate or equivalent degree. Previous experience in health record information auditing.
- Preferred: Associate's degree or higher, preferably in related field. Previous experience in coding. Coding certification a plus.
- Good typing skills and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with electronic health records.
- Must have the ability to use independent judgment and discretion with strict adherence to confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to communicate and interact effectively with peers, employees and supervisory staff, and respond appropriately and professionally to challenging situations.
- Must possess good verbal and written skills and the ability to give clear and concise direction.
- Must have strong attention to detail, ability to be flexible and adaptable, set priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to use time effectively.
- Must be able to work as a team member of the department and organization.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
- Merit based compensation plans
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.