Director - Children's Services - Muncie #4463
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Children's Services
- Full benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a Director for the oversight of all Meridian Health Services Children's programs, with direct administrative/clinical management for designated specialty service(s), to be determined by executive staff. The Director of Children's Services will develop, implement, and coordinate processes, systems, and compliance measures to ensure quality, consistency and continuity for all services to children within Meridian Health Services. Coordinate with Regional VPs and Regional Managers to implement recommendations. Assist VPs and Regional Managers with service expansion and identify new services to meet the needs of patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Director does not have direct operational, clinical or financial responsibility for any programs. The Director does not have any direct reports unless delegated by the Executive Team.
- Serve as the Meridian Health Services expert for all matters regarding children services.
- Present financial requests to the Operations Council Regional Managers for staff training, supplies or other items needed to improve quality, outcomes, etc.
- Recommend organization-wide standards of practice for children's services, including use of Evidence-Based Practices.
- Collaborate with the Quality Improvement department and Children Steering Committee systems and processes that measure outcomes for children programs.
- Collaborate with Regional Vice Presidents and Regional Managers to ensure that all children's programs are in compliance with regulatory/accreditation requirements and established Meridian Health Services standards.
- Facilitate development of policies and procedures for children's services consistent with best practices, and collaborate/coordinate with VPs and Regional Managers to monitor compliance to ensure integrity throughout the children's services system.
- Evaluate and recommend staff training needs and coordinate with the Regional Vice Presidents and Regional Managers to provide resources for needed training.
- Represent Meridian Health Services, both internally and externally, with State agencies concerning children's services such as: DCS, DMHA, Indiana Council of Community Health Centers, IARCA, etc.
- Become an active member in appropriate federal, state and local agencies/organizations relating to children.
- May have direct operational responsibility for designated specialty services, as determined by the Executive Operations Group.
- The Director may have supervisory responsibilities for designated specialty services, as determined by the Executive Operations Group.
- Master's degree in human services (Social Work/Psychology/Marriage and Family Therapy), health care management, or business management required
- Minimum of five (5) years' management experience in in services to children required
- LCSW, LMHC, or LMFT licensure preferred
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.