Staff Accountant - Muncie #4467
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Administrative Services
- Complete benefits package offered.
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Staff Accountant to work based out of our Delaware County, Muncie, Indiana office. This position will work Monday through Friday. Overtime, in excess of forty hours, may be required periodically as needed.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial reports, participating in month end close activities, preparing journal entries, performing monthly account reconciliations, maintaining the fixed asset system, assisting in billing and tracking various grants, expense reporting and various other general ledger activities. The staff accountant will also assist the Senior Accountant and Controller on various projects as deemed necessary.
- Work with the Controller and Senior Accountant on Month End Close activities
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Maintain company's fixed asset files which includes performing disposals, additions, monthly depreciation postings, and capital project tracking
- Evaluate and implement appropriate policies and internal controls.
- Assist in the company's credit card expense reporting system (Certify).
- Assist with audits and audit preparation
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining various grant billings, budgets and reports
- Assist in the annual filing of property tax installments
- Supports other accounting functions i.e. A/P, A/R etc.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required
- Good interpersonal skills required
- Possess a thorough understanding of the importance of confidentiality and non-disclosure
- Must be a self-starter and able to accomplish expected tasks under minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure
- Possess sense of urgency to stay on task and get work done
- Computer literate and highly proficient in using MS office programs (Excel)
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.