Behavioral Clinician- Foster Care Specialist Richmond #4523
- Richmond, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Foster Hope
- Complete benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Foster Care Specialist to perform duties associated with the recruitment, training, licensing and retention of foster homes, as well as associated adoption services based in our Richmond, Indiana office. This position will be required to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Foster Parent initial intakes
- Pre-service training (6 hrs) every quarter
- In-service training as necessary for parents to meet licensing requirements
- Home study:
- Finger prints/background check
- Reference checks
- Written report
- Annual license reviews
- Matching families with adoptive children
- Interviews (coordinating/attending)
- Recruitment of new Foster Parents
- Lending library – alternative training coordination
- Private adoption studies
- License changes – re-applications
- Coordinating Foster Parent support group
- Foster Parent appreciation event coordination
- Relicensing every 4 years
- Home visits/case management for non-skills training foster children
- Adoption studies for non-system children
- Attendance at court hearings and team meetings
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Bachelor's degree (BA, BS, BSW) in Human Services from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- Five (5) years related experience preferred.
- Foster care and/or DCS experience preferred.
- A valid drivers' license, a driving record meeting Meridian's driving policy, reliable transportation, and proof of auto insurance is also required.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Merit based compensation plans
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, a physical examination, extensive background check, professional references check and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.