Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - 7a -7p- Inpatient - Muncie #4547
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Complete benefits package offered
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Licensed Practical Nurse to be responsible for meeting and exceeding the expectation of the patient through, but not limited to, the performance of nursing care under the supervision and delegation of the charge nurse on our Inpatient psychiatric unit located at IUBMH in Delaware County, Muncie, Indiana. This position works 7a to 7p with every other weekend and holiday.
- Provide excellent service to our customers following Meridian Health's core values, customer services standards and behavioral expectations.
- Provides technical nursing care to our customers.
- Provides patient care as delegated and supervised by the RN.
- Observances, reports and documents the patient's condition.
- Reviews and follows the multidisciplinary pan of care.
- Performs direct patient/family care providing for physical and emotional comfort of patient/families in accordance with the multidisciplinary plan of care.
- Administers medication, following hospital policy, as prescribed, and documents response.
- Must frequently work in a standing position and do frequent walking.
- Must be able to lift and transfer patients up to six inches from a stooped position, then pushing or pulling the weight up to three feet.
- Must be able to lift and transfer patients from a stooped to an upright position to accomplish bed to chair and chair to bed transfers.
- Must be able to physically apply up to 10 pounds of pressure, to bleeding sites or in performing CPR.
- Must be or have the ability to evaluate problem situations with judgment and discretion and report to RN.
- Must be or have the ability to perform mathematical calculations in medication preparation and administration.
- Must be or have the ability to manage several assignments simultaneously and appropriately prioritize based on caseload and patient needs.
- Must be or have the capacity to document in clear and concise fashion with appropriate grammar and word usage.
- Must be or have the ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, coworkers, supervisors and other hospital personnel on a one to one basis using appropriate grammar, vocabulary and word usage.
- Must be or have the ability to respond and react immediately with unimpeded auditory perception of verbal/vocal instructions and auditory auscultation.
- Must be or have the ability to respond and react to visual observation.
- Must be or have the ability to quickly and accurately manipulate a keyboard.
- Must be or have the ability to learn and proficiently perform computer applications related to department operations.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to delegate and accept delegation.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
- Current unrestricted licensure as a practical nurse in the state of Indiana or current licensure as a practical nurse in another state with evidence of application for Indiana licensure required
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in a Behavioral Health environment, working in a nursing home, or Med Surg experience
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.