Clinical Social Worker- Access Center 4p - 12a Muncie #4557
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Complete benefits package offered.
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Clinical Social Worker for our Access Center located in Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana. This salaried position will work the 4p to 12 midnight, Monday through Friday. The primary responsibility of this position is the provision of screening, emergency evaluations and initial assessment of persons needing emergency psychiatric services at Indiana University Ball Memorial Hospital (IU BMH).
**SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WITH CLINICAL LICENSURE**
- Emergency evaluation – clinical assessments of individuals presenting with psychiatric emergencies to include mental status exams and disposition of treatment/intervention.
- Clinical assessment of and brief intervention with individuals/families requesting services from the center.
- Travel to IU BMH to provide clinical assessments.
- Communication (verbal and written) and consultation with client, families, center staff, courts, hospitals, schools, and other social service agencies.
Responsibilities also to include:
- Provision of diagnostic and evaluation services and crisis intervention both on and off site.
- Provision of consultation services to law enforcement, courts and other agencies about individuals with mental health problems.
- Provision of a wide range of therapeutic services to individuals of all ages.
- Maintenance of complete and accurate clinical and administrative records in accordance with center policies and procedures.
- Performance of all duties in a manner with Meridian Services standards, policies, procedures and regulations and in accordance with local, state and federal laws and with ethical standards of the profession.
- Must meet assigned productivity requirements.
- Depending on licensure, provision of covering after-hours shifts at hospital on rotational basis.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Master's degree in Social Work or related human services field required
- Associate Licensure with one year mental health experience required at minimum.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred.
- Licensed Marriage Family Therapist (LMFT) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) also considered
- A valid drivers license, reliable transporation, proof of auto insurance, and a driving record meeting Meridian's standards also required
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, three professional references, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.
Meridian Health Services participates in the National Health Service Corps loan repayment program. For those who qualify, the NHSC will repay outstanding qualifying educational loans. Those who are MD's (US citizenship required), Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists and Nurse Practitioners are eligible to apply for loan forgiveness if they work in one of the following Meridian Health Services' locations:
240 N. Tillotson Ave., Muncie, IN
130 N. Tillotson Ave., Muncie, IN
110 N. Tillotson Ave., Muncie, IN
3620 W. White River Blvd., Muncie, IN
930 N. 14th St., New Castle, IN
16 S.W. 5th St., Richmond, IN
730 W. Washington St., Winchester, IN
931 W. Water St., Portland, IN
509 Conrad Harcourt Way, Rushville, IN
For more information on the NHSC's repayment program and to see eligibility requirements, please visit the following website: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment