Certified Peer Recovery Specialist - Tippecanoe County #4609
- Tippecanoe, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Complete benefits package offered.
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist for our Adult and Addiction Services program located in West Lafayette, Indiana. The Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (CPRS) will work to engage patients while providing peer support services, serving as a patient advocate and facilitating non-clinical skills/support groups under supervision of licensed clinician. The best candidate for this position is one that has achieved recovery and can provide peer services and support for those in recovery. This position will be required to travel up to 75% of the time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist patients in articulating personal goals for recovery
- Assist clinicians in the development of a treatment and discharge plan
- Identify barriers to recovery goals
- Assist patients in the identification of their personal strengths in daily living and recovery skills
- Facilitate non-clinical skills groups under supervision
- Teach patients how to identify and overcome fears of recovery
- Assist patients in building social skills by demonstrating and reinforcing proper conduct and respectful interaction
- Demonstrate appropriate self-care for sustained recovery
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or its equivalent required
- Completion of a state-approved training program plus passing score on state exam required
- Self-identification of a person in recovery of substance use required
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in Human Services field required
- Associate's degree preferred
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.