Social Work / Adult Inpatient Supervisor - Muncie #4621
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Complete benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Inpatient Social Work Supervisor for our Inpatient Program located in Muncie, Indiana. The Social Work Supervisor works together with the VP of Clinical Services and Medical Director to ensure the appropriate admission, assessment, treatment and discharge of inpatients in collaboration with referral sources, community agencies, family and collateral contacts. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in the lives of others.
Key Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of social services furnished and staff performance; provide clinical supervision to social work staff
- Ensure services are furnished in accordance with accepted standards of practice and established policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective discharge planning to meet patient's needs, arrangement of follow up care as identified in discharge planning. Ensure mechanisms for effective exchange of clinical information with outside agencies.
- Ensure therapeutic activity program appropriate to the needs of patients, directed toward restoring and maintaining optimal levels of physical and psychosocial functioning
- Provide education and direction to staff in performance of duties consistent with policies and procedures, and CMS, The Joint Commission and State regulations
- Meets on a regular basis with assigned staff to provide supervision
- Provide management and leadership for 24 hour a day, seven day a week operation, consistent with goals and policies of the organization
- Ensure orientation of new staff
- Assist in the credentialing process for supervised staff, as appropriate
- Provide positive feedback, mentoring, coaching, and discipline as appropriate and necessary, in coordination with Human Resources Department and Vice President and consistent with organization policies and procedures
- Utilizes Quality Assessment and Improvement, patient satisfaction, feedback from key stakeholders to provide feedback to supervised staff on performance
- Ensure timely completion of documentation
- Interview and recommend hiring of new staff
- Role model professional conduct
- Coordinate efforts appropriately with other disciplines, departments, agencies and facilities for benefit of patient and organization
- Develop annual staff training schedule based on needs identified through supervision, quality assurance, patient satisfaction, and industry input; ensures completion of competencies and required training by supervised staff
Key Clinical and Budgetary Responsibilities:
- Provide counseling or therapy to patients, family and collateral individuals
- Provide psychosocial assessment synthesizing history, observation, clinical assessment, multidisciplinary input
- Develop meaningful treatment plans
- Develop and implements appropriate discharge planning to meet patient's needs
- Intervene appropriately with agitated, acting out patients to maximize effectiveness of interventions and safety and minimize the necessity of restraint and seclusion
- Ensure effective staffing of unit in areas of responsibility
- Make recommendations regarding equipment, physical plant, programming, staffing, etc.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- LCSW required
- Demonstrated clinical competency required
- Management and Inpatient experience required
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Merit based compensation plans
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.