Active Treatment Specialist Inpatient -Delaware County #4670
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Complete benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full-time Active Treatment Specialist for its Inpatient Unit located at IU Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana. This position will work full-time 8a-5pm shift that may include weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Assessment of Patients
- Assesses those patients admitted to inpatient psychiatric service for recreation and leisure skills and needs. Assessment includes patients' strengths and abilities as well as deficits and age specific needs.
- Planning of Patient Care
- Identifies concrete behavioral goals for individualized patient care and methods to achieve those goals.
- Establishes and maintains a safe environment for patient care both in the hospital and on outings out of the hospital.
- Identifies supplies and materials needed for therapeutic activities
- Develops post-discharge plan for recreation and leisure activities for each patient based on the individual assessment and treatment plan
- Implementation of Patient Care
- Provides individuals and groups treatment based on patient assessment.
- Documents assessment, identified goals, methods utilized and progress toward goals in accordance with department standards.
- Evaluation of Patient Progress
- Recognizes when the patient has achieved goals or has achieved maximum benefit from T.R. services, and when necessary modifies treatment plan accordingly.
- Related to Patient Care and Team Membership
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with physicians, unit personnel and other hospital and community agency personnel.
- Attends and participates on committees and in meetings as assigned.
- Stays abreast of current treatment modalities by actively participating in ongoing educational experiences.
- Maintains statistical records for patient care services as assigned
- Participates in performance improvement activities as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Promotes the awareness and understanding of the profession of recreational therapy through:
- participation in inservice programs
- planning and providing inservice education
When assigned, supervises student experiences in Therapeutic Recreation and in Psychiatric Rehabilitation area.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Bachelor of Science Required in Human Services, Therapeutic Recreation or Social Services
- Masters Degree Preferred
- Experience working in psychiatric and/or addiction treatment setting and/or with elderly patients is preferred. Minimum six (6) months' clerical/administrative experience required
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Current certification in CPR
- Strong communication skills
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.