Social Worker - MSW - #4722
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Complete benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (approximately) MSW Social Worker for its Psychiatric Unit located at IU Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana. This position provides Psycho-Social Evaluation, treatment planning, individual, group and family therapy; and facilitates admissions and discharges from Meridian Inpatient program. One in every four weekend rotation and participation in after-hours on-call is required.
- Facilitate admissions to the unit by obtaining pertinent psychiatric and medical information from the referral source; and making contact with the physician and unit and clarifying the availability of space and the time and legal status of the admission.
- Complete initial evaluation of patient through chart review, patient/family contact, team meetings.
- Complete paperwork related to transfers to other psychiatric/drug and alcohol inpatient/outpatient facilities.
- Ensure discharge planning begins at time of admission.
- Complete treatment planning based on evaluation.
- Evaluate the needs of the client including housing, resources to obtain medication, appropriate referral for treatment and other programs to assist client in getting basic needs met.
- Participate in all treatment team meetings (rounds, treatment plan conferences) related to assessment, planning and evaluation of patient care.
- Provide group, individual and family therapy as needed and indicated in the treatment plan.
- Complete progress notes, discharge summaries in a timely manner.
- Complete documents for the court and provide testimony in commitment hearings.
- Contact referral sources with information of patients' progress or disposition.
- Prepare and review with patient and family the continuing care plan at discharge.
- Make referral to appropriate treatment programs and provide clinical information pertinent to the referral.
- Complete the appropriate forms and other paperwork necessary for the referral.
- Provide case management services.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Master's degree in Social Work or related human services field is required.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) preferred.
- Inpatient experience or mental health and/or geriatic experience preferred.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Funds
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, three professional references, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.