Social Worker - Part Time - MSW - River Bend Hospital - West Lafayette #4780
- West Lafayette, IN, USA
- Part Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Not a benefits eligible position
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services at River Bend is currently seeking a part-time Social Worker/MSW for our Inpatient Program located in Lafayette, Indiana. This position will work shifts Saturday Noon - 4pm and Sunday Noon - 4pm. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in the lives of others.
- Provides assessment, case formulation, diagnosis, and treatment planning to clients in the assigned service.
- Provides and/or supervises an appropriate range of individual therapy modalities.
- Provides and/or supervises the delivery of group therapy.
- Provides and/or supervises the delivery of family/couple therapy.
- Provides crisis/emergency services, as needed.
- Provides case management and transportation services as clinically indicated.
- Collaborates with and assists primary caregivers to meet the needs of the client.
- Moves clients through the appropriate treatment with expected outcomes.
- Deals positively with consumer and family requests.
- Prepares the client and family for transfer/discharge.
- Maintains professional boundaries.
- Attends team meetings and staff meetings.
- Meets with the assigned supervisor for clinical and administrative supervision.
- Good time management skills including the ability to structure time, prioritize activities, and be self-motivated.
- Works well with the staff of other agencies and with colleagues.
- Effectively works as a member of the treatment team.
- Effectively communicates with consumers, families, coworkers, and agency staff.
- Teaches, trains, and/or supervises students, as assigned.
- Maintains client's records in accordance with Hospital standards.
- Applies Hospital quality data, new therapy techniques, and research to improve client services.
- Retains competencies/privileges as required for this position and membership in the appropriate discipline of the Professional Staff Organization.
- Continues professional growth and development through participation in in-service training, professional groups, specialized workshops, and individual study.
- Participates in quality improvement activities including committees, task groups, PIT teams, as assigned.
- Provides other duties, as assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Master's degree in Social Work or related field required
- Inpatient experience or mental health experience preferred
- LCSW, LMHC, or LSW preferred
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Merit Based Compensation Plan
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.