Maintenance Technician - Full Time - Delaware County #4801
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Complete benefits package offered
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Maintenance Technician to maintain the physical condition of Meridian facilities in various counties. This position is based out of Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana working M-F 7:30 - 4:00, rotating 24/7 on call with other Technicians, some evenings and weekends for special projects. **Please Note** 2 years' experience in carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical and heating required.
Travel is required and candidate must have valid driver's license. Company vehicles will be used to travel to Meridian sites.
- Respond to maintenance/custodial requests.
- Complete remedial maintenance/custodial on an assigned priority basis.
- Grounds keeping and facility maintenance to assure appropriate appearance of facilities.
- Maintenance/custodial to assure safety of clients, staff and visitors, i.e., snow removal, etc., as needed.
- Upon request of Facilities Manager, remains on-call 24 hours per day for prompt response to emergent maintenance needs.
- Perform emergency repairs.
- Assist with implementation of preventative maintenance schedule for all Center facilities, vehicles, and equipment.
- Assist in the evaluation of facility needs (i.e., new construction, remodeling, and upgrades). Assist in securing price quotes.
- Repair and maintain simple electrical circuits, switches, outlets, lighting fixtures, ballasts, breakers, power cords, etc.
- Install and repair carpeting and tile.
- Repair, install and maintain basic plumbing fixtures such as water heaters, lavatories, toilets, dishwashers, tubs/showers, water lines, etc.
- Repair and painting of walls.
- Carpentry to include but not limited to; demolition, framing walls and doors, hanging and finishing drywall, insulation, doors, etc.
- Inspect buildings, including roofs and common areas regularly.
- Repair and maintain building exteriors and roofs.
- Order supplies/stock as needed.
- Maintain maintenance work areas and storage areas in a clean, orderly, safe and secure fashion.
- Communicate effectively and display a professional manner when dealing with supervisors, co-workers, and individuals inside and outside of the organization.
- Work effectively as a team member participating actively and constructively.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner by following all company safety procedures for the operation of equipment, machinery and hazardous substances and chemicals.
- Other duties as required.
- Capable and skilled in carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, and heating systems.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and consultation with Facilities Manager, Meridian Services Corp staff, clients and vendors.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, do heavy lifting, and work in extreme conditions (both hot and cold).
- Ability to identify and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations.
- Ability to work independently (with minimal supervision or direction).
- Ability to prioritize work and work efficiently.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- High School Diploma required.
- 2 years' experience in carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical and heating required.
- Valid drivers license, proof of auto insurance, and driving record meeting Meridian's driving policy required.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Merit based compensation plans
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, three professional references, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.