Intern - Bachelor Level Clinical Social Worker - Riverbend Hospital #4802
- West Lafayette, IN, USA
- Not a benefits eligible position
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking an INTERN Bachelor level Social Worker for the Additcitions and Recovery Program located in Tippecanoe County, IN. This position will be responsible for the observation and provision of clinical services in order to improve psychosocial functioning. Work hours can be flexible and correlate to student's school schedule and needs.
- Assist in providing comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of primary care patients' related to presenting medical complaints and as referred by primary care physician.
- Assist in providing effective treatment planning and assisting clients in successfully achieving goals.
- Assist in evaluating crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
- Actively participate in meetings that support Meridian's integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for patients.
- Assist in the detection of "at risk" patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
- Assist in providing assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric problems and/or disorders.
- Teach patients, families, and staff care, prevention, and treatment enhancement techniques.
- Monitor the site's behavioral health program, identifying problems related to patient services and making recommendations for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Must be working toward a Bachelor degree in Social Work or counseling
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.