Certified Peer Recovery Specialist - Delaware County #4811
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Outpatient Services
- Complete benefits package offered.
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a Certified Peer Recovery Specialist for our Meridian Outpatient program located in Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana. The Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (CPRS) will work to engage patients while providing peer support services, serving as a patient advocate and facilitating non-clinical skills/support groups under supervision of licensed clinician. The best candidate for this position is one that has achieved recovery and can provide peer services and support for those in recovery. This position will work Monday through Friday from 8a to 5p with some flexibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist patients in articulating personal goals for recovery
- Assist clinicians in the development of a treatment and discharge plan
- Identify barriers to recovery goals
- Assist patients in the identification of their personal strengths in daily living and recovery skills
- Facilitate non-clinical skills groups under supervision
- Teach patients how to identify and overcome fears of recovery
- Assist patients in building social skills by demonstrating and reinforcing proper conduct and respectful interaction
- Demonstrate appropriate self-care for sustained recovery
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or its equivalent required
- Completion of a state-approved training program plus passing score on state exam required
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.