Unit Secretary - Inpatient 7p - 7a - Muncie #4817
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Full benefits package
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a fee for service Unit Secretary for its Inpatient Unit located at IU Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana. This position will work full-time (when needed) 7p-7a shifts that may include weekdays, weekends, and holidays. This position is responsible for the flow of communication and all clerical activities and serves as a liaison for the daily communication of the department between staff, patients and all customers.
- Answering telephone and intercom in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Transmitting messages promptly.
- Notifying personnel of new orders.
- Communicating lab results and tests to registered nurse.
- Maintaining accurate patient logs.
- Documenting verbal orders according to policy.
- Operating department computer and acting as a resource person.
- Maintaining patient charges daily.
- Maintaining inventory logs.
- Entering in data accurately and efficiently.
- Delivering, sorting and preparing any mailings for the department.
- Scheduling any appointments related within the department.
- Maintaining the schedule as needed for the department.
- Mailing and faxing necessary reports.
- Assisting with department payroll as required.
- Inventorying supplies.
- Ordering pharmacy items.
- Entering charges into the computer system/log.
- Ordering specific department related items.
- Maintaining equipment in good working order.
Assists in maintaining patient records by:
- Assembling and identifying all forms in the process.
- Preparing patient records for discharge or transfer.
- Reversing charts according to Medical Records guidelines.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all patient and hospital records according to HIPAA regulations at all times.
- Maintaining and updating log books and department specific records.
- Recording relevant information on appropriate forms and entering into computer.
- Monitoring patient data collections systems.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- High School diploma or its equivalent required
- Knowledge of Word and Excel required
- Minimum six (6) months' clerical/administrative experience required
- Six (6) months' experience working in a Nursing Home/Behavioral Health Environment or medical office preferred
- Two (2) or more years' experience working as a CNA preferred
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.