Vocational Services Employment Specialist - Muncie #4822
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Supported Employment
- Complete benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time day Behavioral Clinician/Technician – Vocational Services Employment Specialist based out of our Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana location. This position provides ongoing job coaching and follow along services in order to assist consumers in carrying out activities required to maintain vocation and/or community placement while also acting as a referral liaison between Vocational Rehabilitation and Meridian Services Corp Supported Employment staff.
- Community based services - services provided outside the center building, at work site and at client home or other agency office
- Provision of transportation by staff in their own personal vehicles in order to provide transportation to clients and to provide community based services
- Provision of case management services: outreach, service planning, implementation and reassessment
- One-on-one assistance in training of activities of daily living skills and monitoring consumer as needed
- Assist consumers in applying for generic benefits as needed
- Total communication (verbal and written) and consultation with consumers, peers, other center staff, and outside agencies
- Pre-placement assessments with employment opportunities
- Maintain records and documents as required by agency and Vocational Rehabilitation
- Assist consumers with budget management as needed as well as PASS/IWRE
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- High School diploma or its equivalent required with 2 years of experience in vocational rehabilitation.
- Bachelor's degree (BA, BS, BSW) in the following disciplines: Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Criminal Justice, Education, Nursing, Recreational Therapy, Rehabilitation, Music Therapy, Art Therapy, Pastoral Counseling, Child Development preferred
- A valid driver's license, reliable transportation, proof of auto insurance, and a driving record meeting Meridian's driving policy required.
- Experience in employment or rehabilitation programming preferred.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.