Community Health Worker I - Henry County #4834
- Henry County, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical Services
- Complete benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Community Health Worker I based out of our Henry County office in New Castle, Indiana. This position will manage daily tasks for the Henry County Opioid Response Program Consortium working Monday through Friday, 8a to 5p with occasional weekends and evenings. This is a one year, grant funded position.
- Manage daily tasks including holding public forums and work group meetings.
- Evaluate evidence-based models of care to prevent, treat, and assist with recovery for opioid use disorder.
- Communicate Consortium activities with all stakeholders, including consortium agencies and the public.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Associates degree with experience in Administrative Services and public health experience required at minimum.
- Bachelor's degree and five years' experience in public health preferred.
- Interpersonal skills, oral and written communication, professionalism, computer skills, and public health experience required.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Merit based compensation
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Professional development funds
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.