Registered Nurse - River Bend Hospital - 7p to 7a - West Lafayette #24166
- West Lafayette, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Complete benefits package offered.
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services at River Bend is currently seeking a full time Registered Nurse for our Inpatient Program located in West Lafayette, Indiana. This position will work 7p to 7a three shifts per week, every other weekend. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in the lives of others.
- Demonstrates medication administration skills: (minimal errors, timely med pass):
- Demonstrates pharmacodynamics knowledge: (adverse effects, drug interactions, therapeutic response, etc.).
- Demonstrates knowledge of pathophysiology with particular emphasis on population served.
- Demonstrates skill with physical assessment.
- Demonstrates timely follow through with client appointments, labs, and medical concerns.
- Acts as patient advocate to monitor individualization of treatment, coordinate treatment plans, and work with treatment in effective and proactive manner.
- Demonstrates effective and respectful verbal communication skills with clients, co-workers, and visitors.
- Informs physicians of changes in client's condition e.g.; behavioral/physical, abnormal labs/vital signs, significant contact with others. Charts all observations.
- Accurately documents and transcribes physician's orders; accounts fall all controlled substances and unit stock items.
- Obtains staff input regarding safety/security risks in making unit management decisions.
- Implements necessary restrictions ordered or as nursing measures when warranted by physical and/or psychiatric conditions.
- Demonstrates safety/security on unit (verbal/physical interventions (CPI), emergency codes, universal precautions, CPR, event reports, assessment of client risk factors).
- Demonstrates skill with documentation (PRN's, timely notation of orders, charting, etc.).
- Demonstrates skill with admission/discharge process: (completes paperwork in a timely manner including assessment for pain, falls, and suicide risk).
- Demonstrates effective and timely written communication skills (COS report/kardex, discharge charting, etc.).
- Demonstrates effective planning and organization skills.
- Uses the nursing process to manage and allocate personnel and unit resources, to assure completion of unit tasks, and to meet the needs of clients and milieu.
- Motivates nursing staff to grow professionally by acting as a role model in direct appropriate communication, professional accountability, and continuing education.
- Notifies nurse on call and/or supervisor of admissions, elopements, staffing problems, significant changes in clients' condition, or any other emergent problems.
- Uses the nursing process to formulate individual treatment plans in consultation with unit staff, physicians, treatment team, and other disciplines; treatment plans are formulated toward psychosocial, medical, cultural, age-specific, and pain management needs.
- Good time management skills, including the ability to structure time, prioritize activities, and be self-motivated.
- Teaches, trains, and supervises clients and staff (empowering and teaching new responsibilities within acceptable limits).
- Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Meets with supervisor for clinical and administrative supervision.
- Works well with other departments and outside agencies.
- Attends or completes all mandatory nursing requirements.
- Continues professional growth and development through participate in clinicals, in-services, workshops, and individual study.
- Participate in Hospital's quality improvement program.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Maintains professional boundaries.
- Demonstrates dependability with attendance, punctuality, availability, completion of duties in a timely manner.
- Carries out duties consistent with program description and task list.
- Demonstrates competence in use of electronic health record.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the State of Indiana Health Professions Bureau as required by the pre-hire competency form.
- Must have CPR Certification.
- Meets pre-hire competency and reference requirements.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Merit based compensation plan
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.