Administrative Assistant - Inpatient - Delaware #24312
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Complete benefit package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full-time day Administrative Assistant for our Inpatient Psychiatry program located at IU Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, IN. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in the lives of others. This position will work day shift hours.
- Responsible for all secretarial and clerical support to maintain the effective operation of the inpatient department.
- Clerical Responsibilities:
- Answers and screens calls and relays messages in a professional manner
- Responds to customer inquiries, records pertinent information, and refers to appropriate person for follow-up and assistance
- Schedules appointments, meetings/conferences and makes arrangements for food, equipment needed, meeting place and maintains monthly calendars
- Attends and takes minutes for all department meetings
- Purchasing; including Takes inventory, coordinate purchase requests and maintains record forms and documentation supplies for department
- Payroll; including entering all payroll entries, adjustments, and scheduling
- Create new forms as needed
- Payroll and scheduling of the inpatient unit
- Provider Assistance
- MIS coordination
- Daily Census
- Develop spread sheets as directed
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- High School Diploma /equivalent and 3 years' experience or
- Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) in business preferred
- Must be able to handle confidential matters without violating confidence involved
- Must exhibit precision and attention to detail and be able to work independently
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.