Support Staff Technician - Marion County Services #24216
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Administrative Services
- Complete benefit package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Support Staff Technician for our Marion County office located in Indianapolis, Indiana. This position will work day shift.
- Communication (verbal and written) and consultation with all center staff, clients and the general public. Maintaining a professional, customer-focused environment.
- Answering incoming telephone calls, scheduling/rescheduling appointments for primary care and behavioral providers, taking messages and/or routing to appropriate extension
- Collecting patient co-pays and payments at registration and general cashier duties
- Retrieves medical records from outside providers and creates medical record chart for new patients. Maintains a working knowledge of release of information procedures per Meridian policies and procedures.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Two years secretarial experience.
- Previous experience in a medical setting preferred.
- Ability to type and/or use computer in order to complete data entry and telephone duties.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Merit Based Compensation Plan
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Funds
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.