Security Officer - River Bend Hospital - PRN #24950
- West Lafayette, IN, USA
- Fee for Service
- Not a Benefit Eligible Position
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a PRN Security Officer for our River Bend Hospital located in Tippecanoe County, West Lafayette, Indiana. This position is responsible for providing a safe, secure environment at River Bend Hospital and to ensure that all persons are treated respectfully and fairly. This position will work between 24-29 hours per week on an as needed basis – evening/night shifts, hours could be Monday through Friday 8p – 6a, Saturday and Sunday 6p – 6a.
- Monitor activity and flow of all consumers at the facility.
- Assist and maintain an orderly environment ensuring that all rules of River Bend Hospital are followed.
- Assist staff, as directed, in times of crisis.
- Assist in containing situations as directed by staff.
- Assist local police, etc. at facility as needed.
- Provide routine security rounds of facility.
- Provide a safe/secure environment for staff and consumers.
- Perform (or assist with) general clerical duties, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, etc.
- Perform basic facilities maintenance and grounds keeping.
- Assist with camera monitoring.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Possession of valid permits relating to a security detail required.
- Minimum of one year of direct experience in the area of security/public policing required.
- CPI training required.
- Previous experience within a psychiatric hospital setting preferred.
- A valid driver's license with a driving record meeting Meridian's driving policy, reliable transportation, and proof of auto insurance required.
- A commitment to providing individual attention to help clients achieve mental, emotional and physical well-being
Drug test, background check, Immunizations, fingerprinting also required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.