Referral Coordinator - Madison County Full-Time #25553
- Anderson, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Primary Care
- Complete Benefits Package Offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time day Referral Coordinator to provide an array of services as related to referrals and transitioning patient care and related functions as a member of a medical care team in accordance with NCQA - Patient Centered Medical Home Standards in our Anderson, Indiana offices located in Madison County. This position actively collaborates with care team members as well as outside referral sources including but not limited to; patient and care takers/family members, insurance companies, outside referral sources and other community resources. This position will be based in Anderson and float between Anderson and Elwood offices and may travel up to 90%. This position works Monday - Friday 8a - 5pm.
- Maintain ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals to promote care team awareness and ensure patient safety until completion. This tracking may use an IT database.
- Ensure complete and accurate registration, including patient demographic and current insurance information.
- Assemble information concerning patient's clinical background and referral needs. Per referral guidelines, provide appropriate clinical information to specialist.
- Contact review organizations and insurance companies to ensure prior approval requirements are met. Present necessary medical information such as history, diagnosis are prognosis. Provide specific medical information to financial services to maximize reimbursement to the hospital and physicians.
- Review details and expectations about the referral with patients.
- Assist patients in problem solving potential issues related to the health care system, financial or social barriers (e.g., request interpreters as appropriate, transportation services or prescription assistance.)
- Responds to incoming telephone calls, regarding pending referrals, including timely response to voice mail messages.
- Identify and utilize cultural and community resources. Establish and maintain relationships with identified service providers.
- Ensures accurate and timely communication with patients, provider and other staff as part of the care team.
- Ensures that referrals are addressed with the appropriate party in a timely manner.
- Schedules all appointments, coordinating with the patients and the outside provider.
- Remind patients of scheduled appointments via mail or phone. Ensure that patients primary care chart is up to date with information on specialist consults, hospitalizations, ER visits and community organization related to their health.
- Participates in daily huddles with care team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Certifed Medical Assistant
- Associates Degree
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Merit Based Compensation Plan
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, three professional references, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.