Certified Peer Recovery Specialist- Jay County, Part Time #25799
- Portland, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Not a benefits eligible position.
**Now Conducting Virtual Interviews**
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a part time Certified Peer Recovery Specialist for our Adult and Addiction Services program located in our Jay County, Indiana office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist patients in articulating personal goals for recovery
- Assist clinicians in the development of a treatment and discharge plan
- Identify barriers to recovery goals
- Assist patients in the identification of their personal strengths in daily living and recovery skills
- Facilitate non-clinical skills groups under supervision
- Teach patients how to identify and overcome fears of recovery
- Assist patients in building social skills by demonstrating and reinforcing proper conduct and respectful interaction
- Demonstrate appropriate self-care for sustained recovery
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or its equivalent required
- Completion of a state-approved training program for peer recovery plus passing score on state exam required
- Associate's degree preferred
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits to full time employees:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Merit based compensation plan
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.