Enrollment Specialist Outreach Coordinator - Muncie #25951
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Administrative Services
- Complete benefit package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking an Enrollment Specialist Outreach Coordinator to deliver fair and impartial information about the availability of health insurance plans to potentially qualified recipients and assist in enrollment into one of the Medicaid programs and/or Marketplace. This position is based in Muncie, IN will require travel up to 25% of the time to other location as well. This position works Monday - Friday 8a - 5p.
- Schedule appointment to assist clients and members of the community in completing Medicaid, SNAP (Food stamps), HIP (Healthy Indiana Plan), CHIP (Childrens Health Insurance Plan) and Marketplace applications.
- Conduct public education activities to raise awareness about coverage options available under Medicaid, CHIP, and the Marketplace; Help individuals understand and access affordable options.
- Provide referrals to any applicable office of health insurance consumer assistance or ombudsman established under Section 2793 of the PHS Act to address consumer grievances, complaints, or questions about their health plan, coverage, or a determination.
- Conduct enrollment activity at outreach when appropriate.
- Demonstrate the capacity to conduct "in reach" with currently uninsured health center patients and "outreach" to non-health center patients in their approved service area. Health center outreach and enrollment assisters will be required to help any patient or resident seeking outreach and enrollment assistance.
- Educating consumers and assist with Medicaid re-determinations when requested.
- Assist consumers with updating their insurance plans when they have a life changing event.
- Assist clients through the appeal process. Help initiate the appeal request, print and provide updated medical records and attend the appeal hearing.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Highschool deploma or eqivilant required
- Associates degree in Business or Human Services field prefurred.
- Eligible to become Certified Indiana Navigator and Federal Certified Application Counselor within three months of employment required.
- Continuing education requirements for both certifications required.
- Previous work experience in medical setting preferred.
- Valid drivers license, a driving record meeting Meridian's requirements, reliable transportation, and proof of auto insurance.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.