Nurse Practitioner - Family Practice - New Castle #26030
- New Castle, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Primary Care
- Complete Benefits Package Offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner for our Henry County Family Practice facility located in New Castle, Indiana. This is a full time M-F position with a great benefits package.
- Provide an array of nursing care services and related functions as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Actively collaborate with staff psychiatrists in assessing and monitoring clients' physical and mental health status.
- Provide direct nursing care using advanced scientific knowledge, nursing theory and skills to: identify abnormal conditions, diagnose health problems, develop and implement treatment plans, and evaluate patient outcomes.
- Assess, collect and perform patient/client physical examinations using a systematic approach, demonstrating knowledge of the principals of growth and development across the lifespan.
- Make differential diagnoses of symptoms, functional problems, and risk behaviors, including non-disease-based etiologies.
- Integrate the unique needs of patient/client and family by developing interventions to enhance intended and to prevent unintended consequences.
- Partner with patient and significant others to develop a health plan.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a master's degree in nursing from a Nurse Practitioner program.
- Must be eligible for, or have prescriptive authority under the criteria outlined by the Indiana State Board of Nursing.
- Current license as a registered nurse in the state of Indiana, or eligible for Indiana licensure.
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner certification and two (2) years' experience preferred.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Merit Based Compensation Plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, three professional references, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.
*Meridian Health Services participates in the National Health Service Corps loan repayment program. For those who qualify, the NHSC will repay outstanding qualifying educational loans. Those who are MD's (US citizenship required), Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists and Nurse Practitioners are eligible to apply for loan forgiveness if they work in one of the qualifiying Meridian Health Services' locations.