Registered Nurse (RN) - Muncie - 7a to 7p #26059
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Residential Services
- Complete benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Registered Nurse (RN) to provide services at our Ellison Subacute House located in Muncie, Indiana. This position works 7a to 7p.
- Responds to requests from clients' concerning the effectiveness of medications, side-effects, special precautions or problems with medication and consults with medical staff as appropriate to provide directions on changes/modifications to the prescribed medication regimens.
- Phone in prescription orders to pharmacies as directed by medical staff.
- Review lab and test results, reporting concerns and abnormal results to medical staff.
- Obtain medical histories and do physical assessments as directed by medical staff. Including B/P, WS, Wt., and AIMS testing. Provide health screening as needed to direct residents' to needed medical care.
- Administer injectable medications as ordered by medical staff.
- Provide as needed, educational groups, and one-on-one teaching to clients' concerning psychotropic medications, diagnosis and health related issues.
- Participate in reviews and modifications of clients' services during treatment planning.
- Supervise medications using pre-packaged medication delivery system or weekly pill minders as determined by the physician. Assist with use of Patient Assistance Programs available through pharmaceutical companies. Utilize medication samples as prescribed and ordered by the physician. Oversee documentation in Medication Administration Record (MAR) and provide corrections as necessary.
- Assist with maintenance of employee health records, providing annual TB testing and Hepatitis B Vaccine.
- Function as a liaison with Emergency Room, Physician offices, pharmacies, and Meridian physician to clarify medication order, obtain proper prescriptions and obtain appointments as needed.
- Complete required clinical documents for review/approval by a member of the medical staff.
- Complete other documentation to ensure accurate and timely information for client and third-party billing.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Degree in Nursing required
- Indiana Licensed Nurse required
- Experience with SMI adults preferred
- A valid driver's license with a driving record meeting Meridian's driving policy, reliable transportation, and proof of auto insurance
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.