Certified Medical Assistant - Dunkirk #25870
- Dunkirk, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Medical Services
- Complete benefit package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Medical Assistant in our Dunkirk, Indiana, Primary Care. This position works Monday - Friday 8a - 5p and has minimal travel for training.
- Answers phones and greets clients
- Updates patient information, fills out insurance paperwork as well as processes prior approvals
- Arranges referrals, admissions and laboratory referrals for provider.
- Takes vitals and weight
- Administers injections, medications and staff TB tests
- Disposes of contaminated supplies
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Certified through the Board of American Association of Medical Assistants
- One (1) year experience as a Medical Assistant in Primary Care required
- Two (2) years Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Valid drivers license, proof of auto insurance, driving record meeting Company driving policy, and reliable transportation required.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Merit Based Compensation Plan
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Funds
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.