Controller - Muncie #26221
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Administrative Services
- Complete benefits package offered
Meridian Health Services is seeking a full time Controller to work in our Corporate Office located in Muncie, Indiana. The Corporate Controller must have a full working knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and internal controls, month end reporting including cost reporting, grant reports, reviewing submitted invoices, able to draw down funds, and work with billing allowances. Reconciliation of bank statements and monitor payables/receivables, and other accounting tasks related to the corporation and directed by the Chief Financial Officer. This position will work with and oversee staff including Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, and Accounts Payable and/or Receivable clerks. Must be able to work in a team environment and willing to teach or train others (within the Accounting Department) in the areas of accounting for the purpose of improving the department's productivity and stream line processes.
Meridian seeks an individual comfortable with bringing suggestions of improvement when a process could be improved, discontinued, or implemented. Knowledge of internal audits is helpful. Must be able to delegate work and have a commitment to working alongside others in the Accounting Department and with the Meridian Health Services corporate structure sharing knowledge of accounting concepts. Must be able to work with hard deadlines, yet be flexible when necessary. This is a full-time salaried position working Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. May involve working more than 40 hours a week in a given week. Must be able to work in a face-paced environment, able to prioritize work and delegate when applicable. Must be able to work closely with the Chief Financial Officer of Meridian Health Services on a daily/weekly basis.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Works with Chief Financial Officer and other members of the Accounting Department on month end reports, month end journal entries, and other cost related reporting.
- Verify accuracy of the general ledger and supporting journals by reconciling accounts monthly, including accruals and pre-paids.
- Oversees grant budgeting/billing
- Oversees with year-end audit procedures and reconciliations
- Oversees payroll functions
- Assist Director of Finance in developing and/or reviewing budgets and analyzing variances
- Oversees fixed asset inventory and related depreciation schedules
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects, including cost reporting requirements
- Effective communicates with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner. Willing to teach others within Meridian's accounting team on the accounting concepts or practices.
- Knowledge of Accounting software (Abila, QuickBooks, or similar software)
- Knowledge of ADP process and policies preferred
- Knowledge of Certify Reimbursement software (preferred, not required).
- Experience working with accounting practices within the Healthcare industry (preferred, not required)
- Seeks opportunities to improve a process making recommendations to the Director of Finance on areas of improvement within the Accounting Department and within Meridian (participates or delegates internal audits).
- Must be accountable and able to handle responsibility. Able to multi-task and shift priorities is essential.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required.
- Master's Degree in Accounting preferred. Will consider a MBA with five years or more of experience working in corporate accounting.
- Five years or more experience working within a Corporate Accounting Department -- Public or Private.
- Previous experience in medical setting preferred.
- Ability to meet hard deadlines.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient level of Microsoft Suite; Word and Excel
Drug test, background check, fingerprinting also required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.