Dental Assistant - Richmond #26241
- Richmond, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Complete benefit package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full-time Dental Assistant to provide a variety of patient care activities in clinical support and assistance to dentists and dental hygienists. This position will work 8a - 5p at our Richmond, Indiana office.
- Take and document patient health history and alert dentist to identified health risks.
- Take and record patient vital signs prior to exam.
- Perform oral procedures in accordance with formal training and State licensure scope.
- Set up operatories appropriately for intended exam and or treatment.
- Provide chairside assistance for the hygienist or dentist as directed.
- Skilled in four-handed dentistry technique.
- Provide patient teaching as needed.
- Take xrays as directed by the hygienist or dentist.
- Follow OSHA and Infection Control guidelines specific to:
- Personal emergency treatment for blood or chemical in eyes
- Instrument sterilization and storage
- Bio-hazard waste handling, disposal and storage (including needles)
- Wearing appropriate person protective gear during oral procedures
- Assist with maintaining supply inventory.
- Assist with monitoring equipment functionality for maintenance inter
- Performs related work as required and other duties as assigned by Dental Director.
- Knowledge of overall dental practice operation
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures
- Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures (especially emergency management)
- Knowledge of OSHA safety and infection control guidelines
- Knowledge of dental service quality assurance requirements
- Knowledge of HIPAA guidelines
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team setting
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Education: Graduation from an accredited Dental Assistant program.
- Experience: 2 years of work experience, preferably in a clinic setting.
- Certificate/License: Certification as a Dental Assistant preferred with X-ray certification.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Merit Based Compensation Plan
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.