Maintenance Technician-Delaware County #26350
- Muncie, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Complete benefit package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Maintenance Technician to maintain the physical condition of Meridian facilities in various counties. This position is based out of Muncie, Delaware County, Indiana working M-F 7:30 - 4:00, flexible hours required, evenings, nights, weekends and on call rotation as well.
Travel is required and candidate must have valid driver's license. Company vehicles will be used to travel to Meridian sites.
- Complete remedial maintenance/custodial on an assigned priority basis
- Grounds keeping and facility maintenance to assure appropriate appearance of facilities.
- Maintenance/custodial to assure safety of clients, staff and visitors, i.e., snow removal, etc., as needed.
- Upon request of Facilities Manager, remains on-call 24 hours per day for prompt response to emergent maintenance needs.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Capable and skilled in carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, and heating systems.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and consultation with Facilities Manager, Meridian Services Corp staff, clients and vendors.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, do heavy lifting, and work in extreme conditions (both hot and cold).
- Ability to identify and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations.
- Ability to work independently (with minimal supervision or direction).
- Ability to prioritize work and work efficiently.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Two (2) years maintenance experience preferred.
- Ten (10) hour OSHA certification preferred.
- Valid drivers license, proof of auto insurance, and driving record meeting Meridian's driving policy required.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, three professional references, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.