Physician - Jay County Convenience Care #26358
- Jay County, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Primary Care
- Complete benefits package offered
You can make a difference in someone's life!
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Physician for our Jay County Convenience Care, located in Portland, Indiana. This position works M-F 1p to 9p and S/S 8a to 1p. Urgent Care experience is a plus.
Meridian Health Services in collaboration with Jay County Hospital offers additional healthcare accessibility to the local Jay County community in the form of Jay County Convenience Care a walk-in clinic that provides same-day treatment for minor illnesses and injuries.
Located in Portland, Indiana, a city of 6,200 people, the citizens take pride in its annual events such as the Gathering of the Great Lakes Nation Pow Wow, July 4th Celebration, Vintage Motor Bike Show, Jay County Fair, the world's largest Antique Tractor and Engine Show, local churches, civic clubs, and recreational programs while striving to encourage quality growth while preserving a down-home character. Portland is located 50 miles south of Fort Wayne and 90 miles northeast of our state capital, Indianapolis.
In an Urgent Care Setting the Physician is responsible for:
- Providing and managing direct primary care/internal medicine medical services including assessing and managing patients following established standards and practices.
- Performing physical examinations using appropriate medical equipment, instruments, and tests; obtaining medical history and documentation; and instructing patients regarding diagnosis, medications, and treatments.
- Performing procedures as necessitated by the patient's condition, ordering or performing various tests and analyses to provide information on the patient's condition, and diagnosing the patient's condition based on exam, tests, and reports.
- Prescribing and/or administering medications and treatments as appropriate to the patient's assessed medical conditions, referring patients to community resources or medical specialists as appropriate for counseling or specialized diagnosis or treatment, and educating patients regarding overall health and illness prevention.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
1. Doctor of Medicine Degree or its foreign equivalent;
2. A current and valid Physician License from the State of Indiana;
3. Completion of a three (4) year residency in Internal Medicine;
4. Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine;
5. Must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Merit Based Compensation Plan
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Professional development funds
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Email Resumes to:
Meridian Health Services Corp.