Behavioral Health Consultant-LCSW-Primary Care-Dunkirk #26355
- Dunkirk, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Outpatient Services
- Complete benefits package offered
Want to make a difference in someone's life?
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a full time Behavioral Health Consultant for our West Jay Clinic located in Dunkirk, Indiana. This is a great opportunity to make an impact in the lives of others.
- Responsible to provide behavioral health consultation to children, adolescents, adults and families in order to improve psychosocial functioning
- Provide comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of primary care patients' related to presenting medical complaints and as referred by primary care physician
- Provide effective treatment planning and assisting clients in successfully achieving goals through Meridian's integrated health care model
- Assist in the detection of "at risk" patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration
- Teach patients, families, and staff care, prevention, and treatment enhancement techniques.
- Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, identifying problems related to patient services and make recommendations for improvement and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Master's degree in Social Work and LCSW issued by the State of Indiana required.
- Experience working in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and an understanding of Integrated Care preferred.
- 1 year experience preferred
- Preferred experience in providing education on chronic conditions.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- 401k with company contribution
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Professional Development Funds
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.
Meridian Health Services participates in the National Health Service Corps loan repayment program. For those who qualify, the NHSC will repay outstanding qualifying educational loans. Those who are MD's (US citizenship required), Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists and Nurse Practitioners are eligible to apply for loan forgiveness if they work in one of the following Meridian Health Services' locations:
240 N. Tillotson Ave., Muncie, IN
130 N. Tillotson Ave., Muncie, IN
110 N. Tillotson Ave., Muncie, IN
3620 W. White River Blvd., Muncie, IN
930 N. 14th St., New Castle, IN
16 S.W. 5th St., Richmond, IN
730 W. Washington St., Winchester, IN
931 W. Water St., Portland, IN
509 Conrad Harcourt Way, Rushville, IN
For more information on the NHSC's repayment program and to see eligibility requirements, please visit the following website: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment