Nurse Practitioner - PRN - Jay County Convenience Care #26480
- Jay County, IN, USA
- Fee for Service
- Urgent Care
- Not a benefits eligible position.
You can make a difference in someone's life!
Join the Meridian Health Services team serving the community for over 35 years. We are a progressive healthcare organization specializing in "whole person" health integrating physical, mental, and social well-being.
Meridian Health Services is currently seeking a PRN Nurse Practitioner for our Jay County Convenience Care, located in Portland, Indiana. This position works M-F 2p to 5p and S/S 8a to 12p. Urgent Care experience is a plus.
Meridian Health Services in collaboration with Jay County Hospital offers additional healthcare accessibility to the local Jay County community in the form of Jay County Convenience Care a walk-in clinic that provides same-day treatment for minor illnesses and injuries.
Located in Portland, Indiana, a city of 6,200 people, the citizens take pride in its annual events such as the Gathering of the Great Lakes Nation Pow Wow, July 4th Celebration, Vintage Motor Bike Show, Jay County Fair, the world's largest Antique Tractor and Engine Show, local churches, civic clubs, and recreational programs while striving to encourage quality growth while preserving a down-home character. Portland is located 50 miles south of Fort Wayne and 90 miles northeast of our state capital, Indianapolis.
In an Urgent Care Setting the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for:
- Providing and managing direct primary care/internal medicine medical services including assessing and managing patients following established standards and practices.
- Performing physical examinations using appropriate medical equipment, instruments, and tests; obtaining medical history and documentation; and instructing patients regarding diagnosis, medications, and treatments.
- Performing procedures as necessitated by the patient's condition, ordering or performing various tests and analyses to provide information on the patient's condition, and diagnosing the patient's condition based on exam, tests, and reports.
- Prescribing and/or administering medications and treatments as appropriate to the patient's assessed medical conditions, referring patients to community resources or medical specialists as appropriate for counseling or specialized diagnosis or treatment, and educating patients regarding overall health and illness prevention.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualities:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a master's degree in nursing from a Nurse Practitioner program.
- Must be eligible for, or have prescriptive authority under the criteria outlined by the Indiana State Board of Nursing.
- Current license as a registered nurse in the state of Indiana, or eligible for Indiana licensure.
- Nurse Practitioner certification and two (2) years' experience preferred.
Meridian Health Services provides the following benefits:
- Health, dental, vision plans
- Merit Based Compensation Plans
- Voluntary benefits, including critical illness, short term disability, etc.
- 401k with company contribution
- Generous PTO plan
- Wellness plan
- Paid Holidays
- Life balance oriented organization
Drug screen, extensive background check, three professional references, and fingerprinting are required.
Meridian Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and also participates in E-Verify.
*Meridian Health Services participates in the National Health Service Corps loan repayment program. For those who qualify, the NHSC will repay outstanding qualifying educational loans. Those who are MD's (US citizenship required), Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists and Nurse Practitioners are eligible to apply for loan forgiveness if they work in one of the qualifying Meridian Health Services' locations.